The Taranaki Environmental Education Trust was established as a charitable trust in 1992 and has a rich history of implementing programmes in youth development, sustainability, conservation & community development.
Charities No. CC31884
To provide environmental education that equips the community to be resilient and healthy.
The organisation works to achieve this through:
- Being a community based organization working with and supporting our communities
- Empowering people through education and advocacy
- Providing advice and support in an accessible and non-judgmental manner
- Identifying and being the initiator of responses to gaps and opportunities
- Positive: Support people to change and celebrate success
- Respectful: Acknowledge different viewpoints and be open to collaborative discussion
- Cross-cultural: Embrace cultural perspectives and enable learning
- Education driven: Focus on giving people the tools they need to make positive change
- Empowering: Work with people to build knowledge, connections, confidence and skills